POLL: Has matt been a naughty boy this year?

It has come to Santa's attention that one of the Solidworks elves has been misbehaving... You know him as 'magic matt' but in exclusive circles he's known as 'matt the mangler' matt butchered the pre 08 launch street vibe with blatant expose of all of the UI faults, next he led a rebellion about the help notes that embroiled 7 SW departments in mutual finger pointing and denial now he has baselessly accused SW of cutting him from the forum for unseemly criticism of the product

so the question is does matt qualify as a naughty boy this year?

Reply to
neil

If he can be faulted for anything, it would be for making a public statement that he was banned before being certain that it wasn't a technical glitch. At least, that's how it looked from my chair. It first came to my attention on SolidSmack. By the time I read about it, a correction was already posted.

I'm not aware that anyone has ever been banned from the SW forum, and I've seen some real garbage on there. Far worse than Matt's (usually) justifiable criticism. Someone as reasonable and high-profile as Matt could never be banned without far worse PR ramifications.

A journalistic no-no, if you count blogging as journalism. It could have been an opportunity to draw attention to the flaws in the SW forum, but now it seems to mainly be Matt's embarrassment.

If we can get around to laying the blame on the forum software where it belongs, we need to remember that SW didn't write the forum software. It's just an implementation of somebody else's forum tools. That's why it doesn't seem to be in SW's power to come up with a decent system for keeping track of which articles have been read. And there have been other problems with Java and that forum as well.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Matt is a great figure in the SW community. But... he's only Matt. I'm sure he would say so himself, once the paranoia subsides.

Reply to
That70sTick

I think this "bible" business has left some people thinking he's the second coming of the Messiah.

John H

Reply to
John H

the publisher loves to use the term "bible" in their titles.

not sure what qualifications an author must meet to receive the status of "bible".

482, and counting, different bibles so far. LOL
Reply to
kenneth

I see today matt has published a hit list of paranoia reinforcing events... personally I think matt needs a good woman..

but then again... you just don't know what sneaky goings on are going on behind those corporate doors.. could be matt is off the prezzy list for saying too much that sounds like I might have said it ;o)

Reply to
neil

come on where's your sense of humour!

I see matt has purged his blog of the paranoid entries now so everyone with low comedy tolerance can return to their safety zone

btw... I read matt is looking for a sports car....definitely needs to get out more does our matt..good idea...might also help get a woman too... too much time fretting about GUI woes is a recipe for bad hair days..better to get that hair in the wind while you still have it :o)

Reply to
neil

Reply to
davies lovely III

neil, you're an idiot too. Enough said.

Reply to
davies lovely III

I don't know anything about Matt, but I can say with much authority that both neil and jon bong-kweer are idiots. Leave Matt alone.

Reply to
davies lovely III

I am sure matt can take a bit of good natured ribbing :o)

Reply to
neil