Revell "Big Boy" Decals

The decals as supplied with my Revell 1/87 Big Boy Locomotive are all over scale, several will not even fit - especially the loco numbers on the front boards. Has anyone come across a second source of decals for this kit?

There is also an error in the instruction illustrations for the tender connector - it is upside down! Otherwise a nice kit to make. Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

Mike,

Check the Walthers Catalog at your LHS--Walthers probably has an HO scale decal set for a UP Big Boy. It's worth a shot.

Reply to
biscaybe4151

Try:

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Thanks for the suggestion Art but we don't have them in UK, did check out Walthers web site - they have some beautiful models

Had fun drooling over #573 Steam 4-8-8-4 Big Boy; Diecast, Powered w/LokSound -- Union Pacific #4002; 1941 w/After Cooler & 24,000-Gallon Tender HO at $749.99 - I guess folk do pay that kind of money for a model!

Thanks Pete for

They look like a good bet for me, found them in UK at

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Great! I hope that they work for you.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Probably a much better deal than Walthers' anyway. Microscale decals go on much nicer than original Walthers'

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller