Edit part within assembly

I use Solidworks 2004 SP 3.1 to do thick film Hybrid layouts. In these layouts I have to produce wirebonds to show how each IC is connected
with a .001" wire. I make an assembly that consists of all the components, and then I add a new part called wirebonds. I then edit the wirebond.sldprt within the assembly and create a 3D sketch,(spline) with a .001 circle mated to the spline and make surface sweep for each wire bond. But today when I tried this SW would let me create the first surface sweep, but when I try to do the next wire bond the 3D sketch, (spline) does not show up until I zoom way out. I have done this for months, but now today I cannot get past the first wirebond. Could SP 3.1 have had an effect on viewing 3D splines?
Thanks
Since SP 3.1 for 2004 is not available yet in the Subscription Service area, perhaps you should contact your source of this SP. If 3.0 is the latest SP, perhaps you have a hacked/corrupt SP. Can you switch back to 3.0 and test your procedure?
size=2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT size=2>&gt; I use Solidworks 2004 SP 3.1 to do thick film Hybrid layouts. In these<BR>&gt; layouts I have to produce wirebonds to show how each IC is connected<BR>&gt; with a .001" wire. I make an assembly that consists of all the<BR>&gt; components, and then I add a new part called wirebonds. I then edit<BR>&gt; the wirebond.sldprt within the assembly&nbsp; and create a 3D<BR>&gt; sketch,(spline) with a .001 circle mated to the spline and make<BR>&gt; surface sweep for each wire bond. But today when I tried this SW would<BR>&gt; let me create the first surface sweep, but when I try to do the next<BR>&gt; wire bond the 3D sketch, (spline) does not show up until I zoom way<BR>&gt; out. I have done this for months, but now today I cannot get past the<BR>&gt; first wirebond. Could SP 3.1 have had an effect on viewing 3D splines?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks</FONT></BODY></HTML>
------=

I checked and I am only at SP 3.0 sorry about that
I guess the big question is what's changed on your system since when you were able to do it? Perhaps increasing your virtual memory may resolve this. Could these layouts have changed or increased in size. Perhaps you modified your system options since then and need to revert them back. What's different? Installed new software or a driver?
Keith