Splitting a spline in an assembly

I have a rather complicated assembly with a spline construct with a sweep used as a wire connector. There are 4 splines that make up the wire, with the end two needing to remain in place. I need to extend the length of this wire but many surrouding mates and placements in the assembly are already set. Is there anyway to split the spline and possibly add a helix in order to account for the added length of the wire?

Reply to
Joe S

Your description re extra wire length is a bit confusing to me Joe but if you created your path as a 3d sketch you can practically tie knots if you want to. Your spline points can have relations and be entered as xyz or through selected points as well as dimensioning. You can open and edit your wire part in the assy and drag your points for visual positioning. For modifications you can insert more points in the spline ,simplify it, make tangent relations and split the curve, also fit spline to regular geometry or even to splines themselves for continuous sweeps. hope this info helps your mission cheers

Reply to
neil