How to make an Helix over a 3D spline

Can somebody help me to solve my problem. I need to make a tube surrounded
by a helix. The tube has a circular section. The sweep path is a 3D sketch
or a spline.
Thanks in advance,
Hans
Reply to
Hans Meijer
our SolidSketch add-in can wrap any sketch around any surface (see
) see
for a sample and tutorial similar to what you want to do (but we sweep an ellipse...) If you meet any problem, e-mail me your model and I'll test it with the newer version of SolidSketch that we're about to release.
Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti
draw a circle for the helix diameter and then use the helix tool as appropriate to make your path, make a normal plane on one end and draw your profile with pierce relation, sweep. make your tube as required by usual means
Reply to
neil
I agree with Neil, but add that you can also make your tube then insert a cut using the Curve / helix and then cut the profile into the tube on the helix.
Tony
Reply to
Tony