How to make an Helix over a 3D spline

Can somebody help me to solve my problem. I need to make a tube surrounded by a helix. The tube has a circular section. The sweep path is a 3D sketch or a spline.

Thanks in advance,

Hans

Reply to
Hans Meijer

our SolidSketch add-in can wrap any sketch around any surface (see

) see
for a sample and tutorial similar to what you want to do (but we sweep an ellipse...) If you meet any problem, e-mail me your model and I'll test it with the newer version of SolidSketch that we're about to release.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

draw a circle for the helix diameter and then use the helix tool as appropriate to make your path, make a normal plane on one end and draw your profile with pierce relation, sweep. make your tube as required by usual means

Reply to
neil

I agree with Neil, but add that you can also make your tube then insert a cut using the Curve / helix and then cut the profile into the tube on the helix.

Tony

Reply to
Tony