Re: cost

yes, been to their web,
I dont want to filled out the form,
I just want a rough cost without major discussions or releasing any of my
personal info
thanks Don

ok, well the 1 seat of Solidworks office is about 6000, including 9 days of training and 1 year subcription included.
thanks, hmmmmm......change of mind me thinks.
no wonder dealers dont want to list the cost......scares people off straight away.
swash

of
I would just like to add, that after using Autocad for the last 15 years, Solidworks is worth the money! There are a some niggles that I have with Solidworks, some blooming stupid ones, even! Take 25mm square box section,( remembering that it has a 3MM radius on each edge along it's length), make a welded frame for a square box, now try to add weldments to all the corners (3 welds to each corner), can't be done!! As I said blooming stupid!! But my VAR (NTCadcam) can sometimes come up with a work around. The subscription is a must for anyone wanting to use Solidworks to it's full potential and I for one, use it a lot. :-) Solidworks has transformed our company, we can actually see the product BEFORE it is built. Even our chairman, who is a total failure, when it come to visualizing 2D drawings, can see, what we are trying to design! What I would like to see is a user group in the UK, or the chairman paying for my return flight to the USA, (more chance of the Pope becoming a Jehovah witness), Hee, Hee. what ?, he is? oh! So don't be tight or you will be left behind and go bust!

days
Wow, that's really high. The same thing is about $4000.00 in the US.
Do the local resellers take advantage of a captive market, or is it some U.K. tax thing ?
Regards
Mark

of
you got it, rip off Britain yet again.
I thought 2.5k to 3k maybe.
No wonder its rare to see co's using it over here
swash

days
So..is this driven by SW itself, or do they just allow the VAR's a bigger margin ? Which ever it is, it doesn't sound very equitable.
Here, the price is set by SW
Mark

There is a US, and a non-US cost (+50%, approx). Nothing to do with taxes, they are extra. Same thing in France. I suppose it is the price of the dongle (kidding)
JM

Maybe it has to do with the translation of the software. You know Friend Mate and such. =^)
"Jean Marc BRUN" <jean-marc.brun _arobace/at_ tgcp.fr> wrote in message

That's for sure. Then I want the job and pay for translating to GB, Aus, NZ, ... ;=))
I've just had a bit of check back in our records and back in 2000 NT-CADCAM charged us 4K for the software and another 1K for a years subscription, we've since paid 1k a year to keep up to date!
-- Smart

days
well I got an email from Solidworks UK but as always they want to phone me to discuss further...........discuss what, I only wanted the cost
swash

Not to excuse the VAR from calling you, but they usually need to call to give an accurate price. There are always circumstances involving the price. The price could change depending on the VAR, if you're upgrading/dumping another product, how many seats you want, and if you're going to get training or additional programs.

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:49:27 GMT, "Mark Mossberg"

actually, here in italy a new seat would be something about 8000.00, including no extra applications --like mold base, piping or whatever-- but with dBWorks.
the general line is that in usa software and hardware are fare cheaper than in the whole europe: i see prices for computer-related products --and electronics in general-- that i'd dream of here in europe.
oh, being sincere, also japanese cameras --with "traditional" films-- are too damn cheap in usa...
cheers.
--
Gianni Rondinini
Icem s.r.l.
On 03 Sep 2003 22:23:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Cliff Huprich) wrote:
[...]

well, actually you pay 20% of taxes --we call those taxes VAT, that should be something about "value added taxes"-- on everything you buy. then, in a number of years depending on *what* you bought, you pay taxes on your gains decreased by a fraction of your expences. for example, if you buy an office to work in, every year you "decrease" your gains by 3% of the office cost. software and hardware "goes" 25% the first year, 50% the second year and 25% the third year. the pity is you upgrade and pay software every year... the value of a car is splitted into 20% the first year, 40% the second and 20% the third, fourth and fifth year.
probably i'll explain better with an example. suppose your gain last year was $100.000. you bought $10.000 of hardware and software and a new bmw that was $50.000. suppose you didn't have any other expences and you didn't buy anything the year before.
when paying taxes, the sum you you pay taxes on is: $100.000 - ($10.000 * 0.25) - ($50.000 * 0.20) = $87.500 then you pay about 60% of taxes on the remaining $87.500 and the money you remain in your pocket is $35.000

actually, when a country has a money too strong exports become very hard because prices become excessively high. bush decided to lower the dollar value compared to euro because usa need to export to europe as much as possible to give economy more strength.
i guess dollar will be also weaker compared to the euro in the months before you choose the next president: in this way, american economy would probably become stronger and people would probably confirm bush another time.
i'm not a bush supporter --welll, i am a wildberry-bush supporter ;)--: this is just a consideration about economy in general.
cheers.
--
Gianni Rondinini
Icem s.r.l.