Finger tip current control for Miller syncrowave

Do I have to use the Miller control or are there others that I can use. It's an old Syncrowave 300. The old pot measures 1K ohm. Seems mine dies every few years and now they are over $200 to replace.

Last ime I fixed it, I bought the circut card assy by itself, which was just the pot soldered to a small PCB board P/N 157264 ($100)

Now it looks like what I can find is the complete control with 26.5 feet of cable and now the control turns sideways, instead of front to back. AKA along the torch handle axis.

I am rarely at the bench so a foot pedal does me no good at all.

TIA

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

If it's really just a simple pot, you should be able to find one. One of my favorite spots is Digikey

They will have pages and pages of pots, the hard part will be finding the right one.

Alternately, you could build your own from scratch. There used to be pictures of a nice one that someone built in the dropbox, but it appears that the dropbox is no more. In any event, the 14 pin connector is available from Digikey and if you bought a pot and made a mount, it could be any configuration you wanted.

Good Luck, BobH

Reply to
BobH

Not sure which url you have tried for the drop box but I have a recollection a change was announced some months back.

for me, although it seems organising files into year folders stopped about 2006. HTH

-- Regards Malcolm Remove sharp objects to get a valid e-mail address

Reply to
Malcolm Moore

Thanks! I missed the transition. I was afraid that another of my favorite web bits fell to the scavengers!

Anyway, for the original question, if you go to the web site mentioned and search on TIG Remote, pictures and text are there for ideas.

BobH

Reply to
BobH

Miller still uses the 14 pin amphenol connector and a 1Kohm pot for their TIG remotes.

CK Worldwide also makes torch mounted controllers.

Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks, but it seems ording info and pricing is top secret. I asks for user name and password, but I see no form to fill out to get one. I really hate web sites like that.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

CK does not deal direct. Write down the part number and call your local welding supplier, or check out an online dealer like Arc Zone.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler