Miller HF-15-2WG HF head ?

Well I made some progress today the welder is wired up and runs but the TIG
head is not looking so wonderful. Looks like it has some high voltage caps
toasted. I need to find 2 .002uf 6KVDC and 1 .001uf 6KVDC caps for it.
They leaked some dielectric out, which is strange as they are mica caps and
I thought micas were dry? I haven't powered it up yet as my experience with
caps that have let the juice out will soon let the smoke out :)
Anybody know where I can find caps like these? I will have to wait till
monday again to talk to the local Miller dealers.
On annother note I got a foot control on the way from e-bay for $117.50
including shipping :) I was going to build one but at that price and not
being able to find a 5 ohm 130 watt pot yet I could not pass :) Now I just
need to wire in some plugs and a switch to select the foot control.
Kinda strange cause in my day job making arcs, sparks and smoke would be a
really bad thing
Glenn
Reply to
Glenn