Miller Syncrowave 250DX "field" installation of Sequence module

I earlier asked Ernie a question (offline) about getting my welding supplier to let me field install a Sequence module in my Syncrowave
250DX I purchased last July. It was a real pain to get the new machine home from the welding supply I purchased it from in my little pickup and I didn't want to load it back up and take it back just to have this added feature. I was hoping they would let me install it myself. I was asking Ernie his opinion and he said to let him know how it turned out. I decided to post this reply in case someone else wanted to do the same.
I finally got around to calling my welding supplier and asking about the field installation of the Sequence module for my Miller Syncrowave 250DX. They had no problem with me installing it. I assured them that I was an electrical engineer (with 30 years of hands-on as opposed to a "book engineer"), blah, blah, blah and didn't see any problems with me installing it, if they had no problems (unless it affected my warranty). I got the module package yesterday and removed it from the box and discovered why they had no problem with me installing it. The PCB had no logic on it and only had the 5 pots, 2 LEDs, and a flat cable. Now I know why it "only" cost $310. The software and logic are already built into the main machine. This PCB just brings the LEDs and pots out to the user and enables the internal processor to use the feature. The feature could have been fabricated by hand for about $25 or $30. Oh well. Next I tried to install it and found that it didn't physically fit. The spacing on the pots compared to the holes in my machine was about 0.5" off. The box (and instructions) said it was for a 250DX.....so I called my welding supply. I uploaded some photos.
http://www.randyray.com/seqmod1.jpg
http://www.randyray.com/seqmod2.jpg
http://www.randyray.com/seqmod3.jpg
They were at a loss and gave me the Miller support phone number and asked me to call them and have them tell me the CORRECT p/n of the module. Miller was very helpful. I actually had two questions for them: one concerning this module and another concerning the spool gun I purchased today for the 250MP MIG I have.
Anyway, the MIG and TIG folks are different depts...and I got a guy in the TIG dept and asked him about the module. He said that my s/n machine was an "old model" and that I need a different module p/n. I explained to him that I just bought the machine less than 4 months ago and it shouldn't be an "old" model and he started backtracking. He said the "new" models just came out and that they were retooling the Syncrowave 250DXs and that a lot of stuff would be different. I'm not sure whether he was blowing smoke or not but I would like to know the difference in models. I come from a service background (over 30 years with IBM) and I know how little model changes can affect everything. Anyway, they are sending me the "old" module kit and I will let you know how it goes.
I also "bit the bullet" and purchased a spool gun (Spoolmatic 30A) and adapter for my Miller 250MP (the old microprocessor version).It installed with much less hassle.
http://www.randyray.com/sgmig1.jpg
http://www.randyray.com/sgmig2.jpg
I found that the TIG was going to take a ton of my time to weld (repair) a bunch of aluminum carts
http://www.randyray.com/cart.jpg
and I opted for the spool gun. I have since read through all of the appends to this forum on MIG welding aluminum and spool guns. Next is to see how well this actually does work for me. I'll keep you posted. Thanks,
Randy Ray www.texasmetalcraft.com