Power for Miller Syncrowave 180sd tig+Stick Welder 460/575

Someone is offering to sell me one of these tig welders. If I have
typical house electrical wiring what would I need to do to power this
welder?
Thanks in advance
Jim R.
Reply to
jridenou_2000
Do I understand it right that that particular syncrowave takes only 460/575 volts?
If so, I would pass.
Ignoramus27956
The Syncrohwave 180 SD is a nice machine for general purpose shop work. But if the model you are looking at is the 460/575 volt machine, run the other direction. Your house wiring will not support it.
jridenou snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ
In article , wrote:
You will need a clean 60 amp circuit of 220 volt Single phase.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
..And a transformer to replace the 460 / 575 V part?
--Winston
Reply to
Winston
What are you talking about? I didn't see anything from the original poster about 460v/575v power. The Syncrowave 180SD is a little hobby TIG not an old industrial monster machine. It runs on 208v - 230v single phase only.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
They got it from the Subject: line.
Subject: Power for Miller Syncrowave 180sd tig+Stick Welder 460/575
Now admittedly, my newsreader truncates the subject line too. I had to go into full header mode to see it. Looks like the original poster is either mistaken, or something really weird is going on.
Reply to
Todd Rich
It's available in two flavors.
The 208 - 230 V:
And the 460 - 475 V offered to the OP:
--Winston
Reply to
Winston
The 361f version below - is the high voltage version. MIL - Is this Naval or Army..... ???
I have the 208/220 version in my shop and use it monthly.
I make targets for rifle and pistol - needing the 11018 stick. Just opened a 50# tin I have had for a while - and they were dry and ready. I thought by then the can would have a hole.
Martin
Todd Rich wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn