Miller syncrowave pulser

I want to add a pulser to my Syncrowave 300 (late 80's) and it is no longer available from Miller, If anyone should have such a thing I would really appreciate a picture of the circut board, both sides, With that and the schematics in the manual I just might be able to build my own.

The pulser kit was P/N 003 266

Probably discontinued 20 years ago.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

There is a sync-300 w/the pulse unit on eBay now with 20 hours left at $400. Item # 150085922913. I have a pulse unit for my 250 that is still new in the box. One of these days....... I've probably put at least 2-3 hours on it (the S-250) since new. If nothing else works, let me know and I can eventually dig it out for some pics. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

Check the metalworking dropbox or check back through google. There is a project in the dropbox that is a full pulser for a miller welder the only think you might need to do is get a 14 pin to 5 pin adaptor for it

Reply to
Brent

"Brent" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Randy,

The pulser for the Miller 180SD in the dropbox is mine. Another person is adapting the design for a Miller 250. I'm using the ~20DCV from the foot On-Off switch to power my pulser. But, he discoverd that the 250 turned out to have an AC voltage to the switch. He's also modifing the way the circuit controls the welder. I'm not sure how similar the

250 and the 300 are. Maybe he can jump in on this...or I can send you his email address tomorrow, from work.

It was a worthwhile project. :)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

The schematic for mine is in my manual. I just need a printed circut board made. I was thinking of CNC milling one. I'm told that does not work well... copper tends to pull off the board and it's hard to get very small traces.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Care to send me a copy of the schematic? I have a 250 myself.

For PCBs you can get small runs commercially made real cheap at a number of places like:

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

innews: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

If my 200 didnt have a pulser built in I likely would have made it by now

Reply to
Brent

CNC based "milling" of pcb's is usually done with extremely high spindle speeds. Closer to using a CNC router than a mill.

When building a vendor specific circuit there are two BIG things to watch out for

  1. Make sure nothing is a programmable device (Doubtful on older stuff common on new)
  2. MAKE SURE you can source every part. the old vendor trick to keeping people from reverse engineering was to have a custom renumbered part or two that the function was not obvious or that depended on a specific dead match where an "educated guess" wouldnt cut it
Reply to
Brent

innews: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Sorry Ken hit send too soon. that pulser was a wonderful project to share with the welding world. I'm glad you did it and posted it even though I didnt need it directly the info in it helped me source the 14 pin cable connectors and that will become a finger amptrol and a pedal "extension cord" once time permits

Reply to
Brent

"Brent" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.co

Brent,

Glad it was some help. But, if I were doing it again, I would skip the 14-pin connectors. I would find some "good", cheaper, readily available, 5-pin connectors, cut the foot- control cable, splice in the new male-female pair, and make all my interfacing for the remotes through them. But that's just another posibility.

If anyone's interested, there's a schematic, board layout (physical), and component list for the pulser section of the Synchrowave 300 in the manual (page 24, I think) on Millers web sit.

Have fun,

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

You can probably find a schematic for a 250 on millers site too. That's why I buy miller stuff they provide you with info you need to fix it yourself. Some companies will not release their schematics.