Hole wizard

What is the trick for making a couterbore hole fastening two parts together with a total screw lenght of 1.5 inches.

When I use the couterbore tab the hole is created in the first part but when I open the second part the hole is not there.

When I use the hole series tab I get the hole through both parts but the only option for depth (end condition) is through all or up to next.

Tia Dave

Reply to
Dave

kellnerp

Here is another kluge:

Create the through all hole. > What is the trick for making a couterbore hole fastening two parts

Reply to
kellnerp

Yet another workaround is to edit the profile sketch of one of the holes. Set the depth dimension to driven. (Don't delete it. The Holw Wizard will complain next time you edit the hole.) Create an in-context dimension to controle the depth of the hole from the c'bore. Obviously, you could adapt this to control the c'bore depth as well.

Reply to
Dale Dunn