And the winner is....

No one - everyone went over SP0 to SP2.1 Upgrade
Start time: 8:00pm CST (exactly)
Download finished 8:28:02 (28min 2 sec)
151MB download. I didn't count eDrawings or user guides since they came across at the same time. Checksum? Yeah, I check some but usually I just dive right in.
SP0 to SP2.1 upgrade finished 9:48:25 (1hr 20min 23 sec)
eDrawings upgrade finished 9:49:44 (1min 19sec - WOW)
Unzip user guide files finished 9:51:21 (1min 23sec)
Launched SolidWorks 2004 SP2.1 at 9:51:30
Total time 1hr 51min 30sec
Faster than most expected, but still an awfully long time to upgrade. I seem to remeber that the traditional install happened in just a few minutes. I hope SolidWorks will consider bringing back the option.
Thanks for playing everyone.
Richard
I want an independent audit done - I should have won the prize - must have been falsified. :-)
WT

seem
I started mine at 12:00, went to lunch and now (1:35) it seems to be stuck at "removing older version of this application." The CPU is at 0% and I'm tempted to press the ol cancel button and waste even more time. Thanks, SolidWorks. Productivity improvements are an absolute joke.

seem

Jeff, Don't. The program will kick in when you least expect it.
Richard
Too late. I waited another 10 minutes, and gave it the boot. I started up SolidWorks out of curiousity and it said that it was SP2.1, but just to be safe I uninstalled, reinstalled, and am in the process of reapplying the SP again, just another hour later. Looks like I'll be here late.... again.

stuck
I'm

Would you be kind enough to post the FTP link to SP2.1? I am in need of this service pack and their website isn't working for me.
Thanks
The SW subscription download site works just fine...
I'm downloading the 151meg "sw2004-0.0-2.1-i.exe" file right now...
..
Socksahoy wrote:

(btw, downloaded at 2:05pm pst, 158.4 megs... or ~35mins total time.)
..
Paul Salvador wrote:

Sure it's ... wait a min. there's someone at the door. Aiiiiiiiiiiiieeee no carrier. disconnect.

Yeah, ha ha ha. lol. Seriously though, I cannot get the dumb thing to download. It sends me in a loop everytime I click on the link to download the service pack. If someone could just post up the ftp link that would really help me out.
Thanks,
Chris

I got stuck in this for a while. Unfortunately I have no idea what it was that I did that finally got me in the door. I tried various routes in to the download site and kept ending up in the same place with no access to the download. Eventually I made it in. A better approach might be to disconnect and try reconnecting until you get in. Then again, it may be worse.
Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Hold on, let me put my aluminum hat on just in case they're monitoring... OK got it.
We actually did something like that a while back and SolidWorks slapped us for it. They read this NG.
Mike