Where is everyone?

I now have a reliable news feed, but I am still getting indications of low traffic. There were only 45 new messages today. A few years ago rms was running 150-200 messages a day. Was Usenet a fad with modelers, or what? Is modeling declining? Went to a modeling show/contest Saturday and participation was down 1/3 from last year.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

Superbowl party hangovers?

Reply to
Wildcat

it's the economy. another down cycle. lot's of cash flows are constipated.

won $125 in an office pool. Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

I suppose you are going to spend all this on targets!!??

Reply to
Wildcat

I come here nearly every day, and have somewhere between 50 and 150 on an average day, sort out the weirdest OT treads and you'll have maybe 100 - 150 a week that covers your interest, and you have interest in severl types of model, them doubble or tripple that number.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

I've recently migrated my newsreading from AOL to news.verizon and read them through Outlook Express at the moment. Tonight I see about 65 or so new posts; quite an improvement over AOL's newsreader over the past couple weeks.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

..Just Curious........... What is everyone's second favorite hangout?

Reply to
spiff

Mine is misc.news.internet.discuss - where *nothing* is off-topic.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Bed - heading there now in fact. ;-)

Online ya mean... hmmm... I'm either tickling info out of search engines or reading mainstream news outlets and online columnists. Googling less and Yahooing more these days thanks to Google's sucky new Ad Sense format.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

i haven't seen any new format. are you talking just the search engine?

the mp3 groups....music collecting is as bad a model collecting. how many terrabytes is enough?

Suju's Coffee House (i.e., I don't look at any other e-forums these days).

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Hobby Heaven Message Board

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hobby Heaven

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Charles Ryan

Basement of Berkeley Ace Hardware.

Look at, fondle, smell all of those kits. Try to avoid buying more N gauge train stuff. Go through the boxes of decals and detailing parts.

Oh, and visit my money. :-)

Internet? A couple of the Disney sites.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I wanna come work in your office - a pool with money in it, and at work!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg