Where is everyone?

How come there have been so few posted messages?

Reply to
SkyCop02

im here, worst luck

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

psycho ward, traffic court, public service, locked in a gun store, shuckin' and jivein', tweaked.

never had a real vacation and no honey...single and loving it :) and not into cookouts... just not much to say for a lot of us lately I guess...me,I am busy working in the true scale,1/72...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

That's it--none of the usually inflammatory OTs lately, so the on-topic stuff is in the vast majority, and it gives the impression there's less stuff overall.

The on-topic content has diminished over the years, sad to say. I guess a lot of the good topical correspondents are just less tolerant of what they perceive as chaff whether OT or topical and prefer 'content-heavy' sites.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

How many times can you type the airbrushes you prefer and why, what glues you use, what paints you like.....

Reply to
Ron

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Some of the stuff here is repetitious, but there is also an evolution in materials and equipment--the paints in particular seem to change frequently, and some of the combined applications, or permutations of airbrush and paint, are either new questions, or not asked very frequently. Apart from the 'how to I get Future in Brazil' questions, there are enough variations in the theme of paint/airbrush issues that the FAQ wouldn't really handle everything effectively. Ideally, everyone, grizzled veteran and newbie alike, would check the FAQ before asking questions relating to standard materials and equipment, and maybe that happens more often than we know and many questions never appear on the forum because of it.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

The troll stuff was getting to be too distracting. There are numerous boards that are moderated and do not have the same amount of distractors. Times have changed and this message board has been surpassed by other media methods.

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

and a board...

Amen! Boards are allright but if you wish to criticise a kit, paint, etc. that the owner of the board likes or sells you won't get far there. I feel much freer here in my opinions and I expect other's opinions to be freely given.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

boards are like mp3 sites. run by the taste and dictates of what usually turns out to be a petty little shit looking to feed his ego. ratio sites are the worst. (you have to post a certain amount before you are allowed to download. script kiddys like to leech gigs of tunes and never allow downloads. they usually get thier site nuked.)

With you on this, Bill. I've had a look at some of the boards (even joined a coupla 'em) but they just don't have that same old 'welcome home' feeling that I get here. And they're slow to load on dial-up.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I used to belong to a bunch of Yahoo groups, but dropped out when I found out that Yahoo was selling my name to spammers. I had put in my application that I didn't want this done, but someone there ignored that bit. Funny thing is, after I left Yahoo, the junk started slacking off.

The Old Timer

I made a yahoo addy to sign up with,which I never use,and keep all the junk set for the crap folder anyhow.But then nothing ever seems to happen in those groups anyhow.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

the only good yahoo group i ever found was tiumphchoppers. smart people and good discourse.