Punisher Kit!

Aw, hell!

SciFi figures.

I thought somebody had tied you to a chair and was forcing you to attempt building a Merlin kit.

:-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Nearly right Tom - comic figures. Worse than Merlin or Starfix and a lot less relevant. (c:

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

i've had the sarfix expirience, but never seen a merlin. what do they make?

133 injection molded 1/72 scale aircraft models, mostly so poorly done that completing the kit was a 50/50 proposition.

They started as Veeday in 1978. Produced 19 kits before folding in 1982. Kits were pretty simple, one of the first "garage manufacturers". Pegasus was a spin-off, making kits of a much higher calibre.

Same guy started Merlin in 1984. Great subjects, poorly produced.Lots of WWI aircraft (usually the better quality kits), 1930s civilian kits. Three of their kits were copies of original 1930s-40s Frog Pengun kits. There were a couple of kits done entirely in cast metal, a couple more used a combination of injection molded and vacuum molded parts, one was all vacuum formed with injection molded small parts and a couple were double kits. Three of the Merlin kits were in

1/48 scale.

Production ended in 1999. Under the Tombo label they did a Hawker High Speed Fury in 1998 and as Valhala from 1993 to 1995 they did seven kits.

John Burns at KCC has done a lot of digging into this group of labels. The above informaton is boiled down from his great books and magazine articles.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

i do remember veeday. built something i can't remember. thanks.

Not True!!! I built the Monogram release of The Phantom of the Opera and it was MUCH better than my Merlin FJ-1 :-)

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Charles Ryan

Grey hairs and ulcers...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Ahhh, but the Phantom is from classic literature, not comics... (c:

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Hey! I built most of the Veeday kits, and enjoyed them. They were challenging (to put it charitably) but I have to admit I wasn't being too picky about the final product. Most of them looked pretty good once the paint and decals were on.

DLF

Reply to
David Ferris