A new low: 11 messages

Wow, there were only 11 new messages on the group today. I wonder if this is a new low. I can remember when rms had 200=300 new messages a day. There was a lull in the summer, but everyone said that was merely the season, and traffic would pick up in the winter. Are modelers a dying breed, or is it just that everyone has deserted rms for genre-specific web discussion groups?

Building all genres, I always opposed moves to split rms. Now, even though it has not split, the effect seems to be the same :-(

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

on 2/2/2008 9:13 AM Don Stauffer in Minnesota said the following:

I have 13 for the 1st, and you're the 6th today.

Reply to
willshak

The really bad news is about 50% of them are mine. ;-)

Everyone must be busy loading shot for the groundhog. You mean your not supposed to kill 'em? Hell that's why I trick them with a shadow!

If ya hadn't heard, the little fat rat Phil saw his today. Bastard. Of course I'm seeing mine too - it's going to hit 60 here today. Joy.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Ah, the good old days. :-) I almost never post here anymore, but I do still read it everyday. Heck, I haven't even built anything in over a year. Can't even afford to buy more than one or two car models a year right now, and my real stash is still out in Phoenix. The last model I actually completed was a biplane, and that wasn't even painted.My wife was always saying I never built anything I bought, so I bought and built that one(was only like $3 on clearance) just to prove I could. I spent a lot of money getting my 1:1 1969 Mustang kit (still missing pieces) moved here to Akron a year ago, and it is just sitting in the garage(an unheated un-electified garage, not the best thing to have in Ohio in winter)

I do think you are right about people going to more specific sites. This has become almost completely an aircraft group. Not that it wasn't the majority before, but of the people still posting here regularly it seems that those are the ones left. There used to be a decent mix of all types, even figures.

I haven't gone to the car sites yet much. Don't even know of many. Haven't felt the need to look for them. I will read the ScaleAuto site when I get the monthly email from them, but I seem to forget about them otherwise.

I always liked the group here, with the TPC, Dan's Mon-Key, people selling boxes of left over parts cheap, and all the stuff we used to have fun with. I guess I just stick around for nostalgia, and hoping that something fun happens.

Kind of like going to an old neighborhood and hoping you run into a friend. Even if you don't, you still get a good feeling.

russ

Reply to
russ

Amen.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Although the number of messages has dropped, I still regard this as the best of the groups that I subscribe to. If I need information that my references can't provide, this is the first place that I think of as a source of well informed help. I'd hate to be without it; good friends are worth keeping.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Whre else can you get tips, questions answered, cat stories, wife stories, updates on stuff happening around the world, and (unfortunately) the troll crap? All with humor and civility - mostly (grinning)

Reply to
Andrew M

Many never found their way back here when AOL, MSN, etc. ended their support for newsgroups. That is a real shame. As indicated above this is a nice little community. I will continue to support it until it goes away (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

and i will continue to rant, post off and on topic and be a gadfly. sos.

Reply to
someone

Funny, I have about 35 messages here. As far as specific sites, I know of them but I don't go there much and don't enjoy myself as much there as I do here. We have picked up one or two new people here. I don't think we're going to wither away completely. We'll probably maintain this level of hardcore wackos. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Dang, I bought a Lindberg kit of a guitar!"

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com:

And you think you got troubles... I just bought a kit of a Lindberg guitar...

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Of course, that means they each have to check several other sites a day. If you are looking for stuff on airbrushes, glue, or other general stuff, you need to hunt around a lot.

I'm sticking here. One group, many subtopics. I'll stay till it gets to one or zero messages per day. But, with the low number of posts, it is not as great a resource as it used to be. I still talk it up at club meetings and such, though.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Hmmm. I stopped using my ISP and a newsreader because I found I was not getting all the messages. I am now using the Google Group interface. Looks like GG is ALSO not getting all the messages. I tried several other third party servers, none of which worked very well. I am at a loss now on how to get to Usenet and get all the messages!

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

ha! i bought three of those and eleben 234's, twenty 335's, and a buttload of lindberg stuff i can;t even name. more!

Reply to
someone

ship it over!

Reply to
someone

quite simple, pay the 10 lousy bucks a month for a real news server. you are getting what you pay for. usenet isn't free anymore. i reccomend easy news because they have an online server if you want tunes or movies. and they get the mesages.

Reply to
someone

Google groups works just fine for me and it's FREE!!!!

Reply to
Count DeMoney

today.

Reply to
someone

I think the OT political crap last time around pretty much killed the group.

Well, that and a prominent member having the extreme discourtesy of dying.

:(

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero