sp2.1

is out!

8~)>

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

Wow! I literally just checked it a few minutes ago and it wasn't there! Look at below!

Reply to
Jeff N

Ok, who's first? This time all the rest of you try it and let me know. :-) I checked for it this morning and it wasn't there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Get it before its gone! sw-pw-man

Reply to
sw-pw-man

Step right up folks. Pick the time that I finish installing this SP and win a prize. Closest pick wins a "SolidWorks Slowdowns and Crashes - IT'S YOUR FAULT" PowerPoint presentation suitable for user group sessions, company training, or wallpaper. Barring any unforeseen bandwidth problems, the downloading will commence when my kids are in bed (8:00pm CST). Choose the hour/minute/second that you think I will finish - closest time without going over wins.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

There is nothing in the "Service Pack SPR's Fixed List" about 2.1

Reply to
Jacob Filek

Just downloaded it. It's there

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

One can only wonder why it's taking about half an hour to update from 2.0 to 2.1.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Often it takes a little while for that to come up on the Web site. Sometimes it's even a couple of days. I imagine that's something they (SolidWorks) figure they can do when they get a round Tuit, and it's better to have the SP out there where people can download it (rather than waiting). I'm not sure that's always best, but it's not entirely illogical.

Mark 'Sporky' Staplet>

Reply to
Sporkman

"Richard Doyle" wrote

10:37:00pm

Deb

Reply to
Deb Dowding

why dose it take so long to install 59 mins to install from sp2.0 to 2.1

Reply to
cadman800

Wow.... it took a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to install.

I finally went to lunch after about 25 minutes. Ate up another 200mb on my "C" (system)drive too. Now I have less than 25% free space. As far as I can tell, SW Wininstall SP's are responsible for at least a gig. The next time I'll have to uninstall and start over

SW !!!!!!!!!

START SUPPORTING INSTALL SHIELD AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!! WI "SUCKS" BIGTIME.

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

the main (but unstated) purpose of the WI is that it should help them in cutting down on piracy. Rolling back a SP is merely the sugar-coating that marketing sprinkled on the top so that the pill would go down a little easier.

Reply to
Michael
10:20 pm

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
10:10 PM precisely
Reply to
Dale Dunn

I'm guinea pigging it right now....

Just so you know, I flew back from SW World in Boston, and my flight went to Atlanta. Flying time was 2hrs. 20 minutes according to the pilot. Quick math using equations give an answer of 140 minutes or so. First click out of my sp2.1 install, was 169 minutes.

So if you are flying from Boston to Atlanta, that would be a GREAT time to install this upgrade. Ohhh, don't forget the extension cord, because the plane doesn't have one.

Let's see, how does that commercial go? Oh yeah, blah blah blah, Getting paid to install the 2.1 upgrade...priceless

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

"The installer cannot install the upgrade patch because the program being upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch updates a different version of the program. Verify that the program exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch (1642-0)"

Thanks for the informative error message. I guess I'll just reinstall and hope for the best.

I curse every individual here who requested the ability to roll back to a previous service pack. A pox upon you all.

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley

Same here, its tripping over previous versions (unlike the sp0 to sp1 upgrade), see post install woes.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Wolfe

Reply to