the feature was created in a single body

environment and cannot be changed to produce multiple bodies.

anybody out there in swx land ever see this error message? more importantly, what did you do about it?

is this an example of why we can't save to a previous version because we will lose features and data? (a backwards example, but an example nonetheless).

-- bob z. p.s.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

if bob z. unchecks the 'merge results' box, the error doesn't come up. hmmm...

-- bob z. p.s. i'll cast a shadow...

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

bob z. is altering a part that was done in an earlier version of swx. the 'author' of this model modelled it in a peculiar way, so bob z. was trying to clean it up. there was 2 Boss-Extrude features instead of one setup as either a mid-plane or direction 1 distance - direction 2 etc.

not a show-stopping error, it just seemed a little odd. they (swx) added multi-bodies to the program, but if you open a part made in an earlier version, it seems to only let you have multi-bodies if they think you can handle it. personnally, bob z. can handle anything. bob z. has a strong right-hand. he can HANDle it.

8~)>

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

never seen it....what did You do to get it

Krister L

bob zee skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:boea3d$1ciqmn$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-177997.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

Ha ha...

bob zee skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:boeapa$19q136$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-177997.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

Bob did you convert the part in the current session or was it converted earlier. Maybe if you save it in the current version of SW and close and reopen it will work better. It maybe has to do with having the database of the part converted fully. I'm pulling this out of my know were. I opened some parts that were created in 2001+ or earlier and had no problems but they had been converted months ago when we switched to 2003. By the way are you in 2004 or 2003.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

oh yeah, bob z. should've put the most important piece of info in the original post, but didn't. bob z. is still on lowly-old swx2003. ho-hum. bob z. will still be on it until the year 2004. arrrrrrghgghghgh.

-- bob z.