Section Views in SolidWorks 2004

Wow! I just used the revamped Section View definition tools in
SolidWorks 2004 and must say there's been an amazing improvement!
For anyone who has wanted a user-controlled dynamic clipping plane
capability, the new display capabilities are terrific with spin-boxes
for distance and/or angular positioning of planes. Great for a quick
series of slices in search of interference or insufficient clearance
areas, thin walls or poor wall thickness transitions, etc.
If there were drag handles for finer, random movement then it would be
even better.
The view settings are retained during the current session, can be
toggled off/on and it's possible to save one or more section views
with the native file.
Take a look. I think you'll be pleased...
Per O. Hoel
Reply to
Per O. Hoel
There are handles in the center for linear movement or just click on an edge of the plane and drag it to rotate Yes, pretty cool.
Dave H
Reply to
Dave H
Not only is the section view nice, I am impressed with the improvements in E-drawings. I have been very reluctant to use them because of the *.exe thing. but now with the zip and other options, It is a great tool.
Kudos SW.
Steve
Reply to
Steve Davis
yeah, that new section view functionality in swx2004 rocks. it really is a shame that bob z. has to sit here and struggle through this error message: Sectioning at this postion will produce invalid bodies. Please select a different section position.
why? because our IT genius thinks that we should wait 90 days before rolling out swx2004.
anybody out there looking to hire a slightly schizophrenic design engineer?
-- bob z. p.s. i bring you fire!
"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©
Reply to
bob zee
Hey Bob, are you the only SW user there? If not, you might suggest that you will be the guinea pig for the SW2004 test period. Who knows, might work.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
unfortunately, no. bob z. is in this room with about 15 other Cad Operators. Awesome operators, they are. one guy, 5 to 10 minutes before it is time to go to lunch, stands up from his desk, looks around, INSTALLS his sunglasses and walks out. bob z. calls him the 'cadinator'. he can run autocad, solidworks, and solitaire all day long. simultaneously. -- bob z.
"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©
Reply to
bob zee

Site Timeline