PWX-2 Quirks

I have been experiencing many annoying quirks when using PWX-2. Basically the program doesn't seem to save the user's input after a session is closed. For example, why can't it seem to keep track of the floor height? I set the orientation and size of the room, but the floor height randomly jumps to a default value - sometimes it takes several renderings and it almost always happens after closing and reopening the file. I have started to record the floor height in the document summary info section because this is such an annoyance.

The program also doesn't seem to keep track of the file locations of custom materials and decals. When creating a custom material, even if it is saved in the default location C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\data\PhotoWorks\custom\Materials, the user is told that the material file cannot be found. Is everyone browsing to these files when opening documents? Also, if you select no when asked if you want to browse for a replacement file and check "do not prompt again for this file" you will still be prompted the next time the file is opened. You have to detach the material from the model to prevent being asked to find it. This checkbox doesn't seem to work.

SWX2003 SP3.1 Win2000 SP4.0

1GB RAM nVidia Quadro FX1000
Reply to
CoreyK

Yep, seen it, lived it, have no solution except sometimes refreshing the screen updates this, then again, when you render, it will change it... cute.

BTW, something odd that always seems to surface with me are with "feet" values or some large relative value I have used in either the PW1 or PW2 settings (scene or materials), I get pop-up errors saying the value is invalid!? So, I clear the value and enter a new one,.. well the pop-up will complain again or not and/or when you re-open and exit the window with the susposed invalid value settings, the error will pop-up again again.

I think this is a legacy problem but I have opened other files which where not from me and have seen the same invalid errors. The unfortunate kicker is, it is not always easy to repeat this error.

I'm sorry to ask you this but since I have not been able to repeat this and send to the VAR/SW Support, if you can repeat it, please send it?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Well, here's another quirk.. I just created a brand new scene using indirect lighting and all the surfaces in the scene rendered in "grey"!? I then repainted the screen and again it rendered in grey. Then I removed the central components and reinserted them, repainted the scene and rendered,.. it renders with the proper colors now?

PW2 w/SW2003 sp4

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Ah, I think I found out whatz happening ... the parts I'm using are PW2 from SW2003 sp3 or earlier? It seems they need to be opened and converted to the latested sp4?.. Otherwise, the earlier sp PW2 files are rendering in gray!?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Not that you should have to but to save the headache i just created a room,

4 walls out of planes. Creates mates to the models, apply the materials and go. It aint a perfect world...
Reply to
Arthur Y-S

I work around the problem bij saving my favourite setting for photoworks in the assembly templates (*.asmdot). So open your standard assembly make changes and than save as (*.asmdot).

Hope this solves ypour problems,

regards Bram

"CoreyK" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to