Dumb PhotoWorks 2 Question

Hi,

I've just started playing with PW2. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the "default" setting which renders the entire assembly in a lovely monolithic grey (plastic). I've gone to the options box and tried selecting "Use SW material" or "Use SW physical Material" with no change.

Also, how do I set the default scene to a single background colour. It keeps using the default "tiled" background.

Len

Reply to
Len K. Mar

There are innocuous little icons at the top right of the scene and material editors which allow you to set defualts that are compatible with your industry. Select the material/scene you really want, and hit the defualt icon. If you can't find the right icons, do a 'search' in the PWx help for 'default' - the help will highlight the word 'default' on the Help page that contains all of the pictures of the icons - a quick scan will get you to the right place.

You can also set materials and scenes up in part/assembly templates, but that only helps you out in the future.

BTW - the PWx help can only be accessed when you are already in some mode, like the 'scene editor' or the 'material editor'. The button is at the lower right. Don't waste your time looking for a 'help' button in the PWx toolbar or drop down menu, like I just did.

-Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Good luck on that one. I have been told by my VAR that there is a problem with 2004 sp0 relating to the "default" material use. It has been admitted by SW and is to be in a future SP.

Reply to
JeffH