sp2.1

I'm sure it installed smoothly for matt. You must doing something wrong. It couldn't be Solidworks. It's usually user error. Please reformat your hard drive, reinstall Solidworks 2001, uninstall, reinstall 2001+, uninstall, reinstall 2003 up to SP5.1, uninstall, reinstall 2004 SP0.0, SP1.0, SP2.0 no wait don't do that, then reinstall SP2.1.

If that doesn't work you should switch to a different cad system because apparently *you* aren't good enough for Solidworks. It can sense that you know.

- Eddy (tongue in cheek)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

Yes - it's a joke, but the punchline isn't funny.

I updated from SP2.0 to SP2.1 (with a download just in excess of 7 Megabytes) and couldn't believe how long it took.

The installation messages suggested times remaining of: 5 minutes, then 37, 14,9,8,7 and 0 when actually finishing after roughly 8 minutes.

In eight minutes, I could have installed a MULTITUDE of service packs with the (no longer available) "traditional" method.

The eDrawing update (also about 7Megs) uses the Windows Installer, but executed very quickly. How does it manage to do its work so fast?

The Windows Installer upgrading of SolidWorks acts like a day dreaming kid meandering on his way home from school - doing who knows what and finally arriving very late, while causing concern and frustration for all those who wait and wonder...

At the end of the SP2.1 update I was left with an unbelievably large

1.7 Megabyte text-based "log" file, but I'm not going to wade through it to try to understand why the process is so damn slow!

I pity those who are responsible for upgrading large groups of users.

Per O. Hoel ________________________________________________________________________

Reply to
Per O. Hoel

i don't know why, but that really made me laugh!

thanks, nick e.

you did skip a few steps tho. you're missing about 42 reboots.

Reply to
Nick E.

I'm new to SW, but with all this crap I'm going back to Pro/E

Reply to
Solids

You know what's really funny...

I've got work to do! I guess the joke is >

Reply to
Jeff N

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply to
SWuser

LOL. Now *that* made me laugh :)

- Eddy

message

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

Are you are a glutton for the enjoyment of installers?

Think I'll stay with 2001+ & 2003 SP5 for now and let you endure the installs. Got work to get out this afternoon.

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson