Adding Hole Callout To Feature Pallet Item

is it possible to add some information to the feature pallout item so that when in dwg mode, you can hit 'insert hole callout' item and have it read a pre-defined bilateral tolerance along with a 'drill' note?

this is for solidworks 2003. bob z. won't see solidworks 2004 for production use till January 1, 2004.

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

Sporkman

thanks, Spork. what leads me to this is this: sometimes the 'insert hole callout' command doesn't give you the depth hole. whatsupwithdat?!?!? we need to tolerance one part of step drilled hole. fun.

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks hole callouts are broken. Have you had the one that gives you a whole pile of diameters and depths that seem to have come from the surrounding geometry?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

OH YES!!! How irritating is that?!?!? They make it more entertaining when you go to edit that mumbo-jumbo and swx gives you the line about breaking the link if you alter the note, blah, blah, etc., etc.

silliness!

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

What's your workaround when the HW fails?

I usually place dimensions on the hole, then build a note linked to the dimensions as a replacement for the callout. I then hide the linked dimensions. This acutally gives me more flexibility for tolerancing than the standard callout anyway.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

you described exactly what I do. it was kinda hard to break that habit!