Feature Pallet Hole Dim Precision -- keep changing.

Hello,

I am trying to use DBWorks as a knowledge based engineering system. To this end I am attaching feature library files and pdf specifications directly to the part.

For example:

I have a PEM Stud. It is a Toolbox part that I store in the DBWorks database. Attached to this file is the PEM PDF document that provides the hole size and tolerance needed to use this PEM in sheet metal. Rather than always having to read the PDF document to determine hole size I decided to get smart and create a hole library feature that is sized and toleranced for the specific PEM size. The idea is that when I do a search in DBWorks for PEM STUD I can find the related child documents. These child documents will be the library feature and pdf file. I can then drag & drop the library feature onto the sheet metal before doing the same to the PEM stud. Because DBWorks can secure the file I know that everytime I drop the part into an assembly it is correct (i.e. someone hasn't modified a library component in a multi-seat environement).

Here is my problem. I've sized the hole to three decimal places .213

+.003 -.003. However, when I insert this hole into a part the value of the primary dimension takes on the precision of the part document and note the library feature. (i.e. on insertion into a document with precision 2 the hole callout is rounded to .21 +.003 -.000

Any suggestions on how to "freeze" the library size and tolerance so that it doesn't change.

Len

Reply to
Len K. Mar