Hole Callout

For a Thru hole SW always puts THRU ALL , who really needs it to say ALL I
just want it to say THRU is there a way to change the default for this.
Corey Scheich
Reply to
Corey Scheich
Try changing the hole definition in the part to 'up to next', I think that makes the note call out THRU.
I haven't tried this, going on something my boss/ cow-orker told me.
Whit
Corey Scheich wrote:
Reply to
whit
That works, but doesn't up to next process slower than thru all? And is there a way to change it like you can for Hole Wizard Callouts I NEVA EVA EVA EVA want it to say thru all.
Thanks Corey
> Try changing the hole definition in the part to 'up to next', I think > that makes the note call out THRU. > > I haven't tried this, going on something my boss/ cow-orker told me. > > Whit > > Corey Scheich wrote: > > > > For a Thru hole SW always puts THRU ALL , who really needs it to say ALL I > > just want it to say THRU is there a way to change the default for this. > > > > Corey Scheich > > >
Reply to
Corey Scheich
Cory,
I absolutely agree with you here and also find this way of calling out a thru hole absolutely comical. I guess that if you say thru it is thru, otherwise its somehthing like "thru to hole", "thru to second surface", etc.
Along the same line of thought I think it is pure sillyness that the hole wizard defaults to a BLIND counterbore & countersunk hole. Who one earth ever (ok almost ever - one in a hundred times) needs a blind counterbore for a hole which almost always accepts a screw or nut? This is just plain silly - maybe I can configure it (?).
Art's suggestion about editing the file looks promising for the thru all though.
I also have wanted it to say "thru most" at times (hehe).
Later,
SMA
Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams