hole callout question

I have a 8 taps 1/4-20 in my drawing. I made them by the hole wizard.

In the drawing I use the hole callout and this appears [ Ø.201 thru all

1/4-20-UNC -2B ?.500], and I want to change this kind of call out to [ 1/4-20 Tap x .500 deep (8x)]

Is possible to do that, I want that every time that I want to use a callout for the taps always obtain this configuration.

Regards. Marco

Reply to
Marco Flores

OK, Joe thanks for your help.

Marco.

Reply to
Marco Flores

Joe, do you know how to change the description from lowcase to uppercase.

Ejm. CBORE #10 Socket Head Cap Screw.

to CBORE #10 SOCKET HEAD CAP SCREW

Regards. Marco Flores.

Reply to
Marco Flores

the easiest way is to use an all caps font (e.g.-- Technic). Then it doesn't matter....

Reply to
Michael

The hard way:

  1. get a program that can edit access97 database files such as PrjGenericMDB.

  1. make a back up copy of c:\Program Files\SolidWorks\lang\english\ansiinch.mdb

  2. open up c:\Program Files\SolidWorks\lang\english\ansiinch.mdb

  1. open the INDEX table.

  2. under the "DESCRIPTION_FORMAT" column change:

CBORE for %size Socket Head Cap Screw

to:

CBORE for %size SOCKET HEAD CAP SCREW

  1. say 3 hail marys and restart SW.

Once when adding extra tap threads to the ansimetric.mdb SW stop showing all of the data from ansimetric.mdb everywhere. I had to rebuild the index to make it work and then still SW thought it couldn't access the file until it was closed for 20 minutes!!!.

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)

I tried changing the font to Technic as Michael suggest me, and it works good, I think the hard way is going to be more complicated and very risky, I will keep the easy way and the hard way I will practice in the future.

Thanks for your support. Marco

PrjGenericMDB.

Files\SolidWorks\lang\english\ansiinch.mdb

Reply to
Marco Flores

Where I work, the hole count is required on all hole callouts (unless holes = 1). I spend plenty of time adding: 6 PLCS, 8 PLCS, 3 PLCS etc. to all of my drawings.

Someone could write a macro to find each hole callout in a drawing and for each find its hole wizard feature, get the number of points from that feature and append the hole call out.

Any volunteers?

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)