Hole Callout text file - special characters

From the hole callout file, see the following note:

"delimiter ; breaks format into callout line 1; dimension text line 2; and callout line 3 or more as needed" " \ character indicates continuation of callout to next line"

Here are examples of where and how they're used:

*with nearside csink*

HOLE-BLIND(csns)=; DRILL DEEP;\ COSINK X ,

*with both csinks*

HOLE-THRU(csnf)=; DRILL THRU;\ COSINK X , ;\ COSINK X ,

*drilled and tapped thru*

TAP-THRU(tt)=;\ - 2B THRU

...I can't make sense of the use of these two characters at all. Sometimes only one is at the beginning of a note, sometimes they're both there, and sometimes neither are there. They're also used (or not used) at the ends of indvidual lines, seemingly at random.

Do any of you understand the use of these characters, and if so could you explain it to me? The explanation given in the calloutformat.txt file is vague. Thanks,

Brian

Reply to
Brian Mears