My Hole Callout tool in drawings doesn't work

SW 2007 Office Pro SP3.1

There seems to be something wrong with the calloutformat.txt - when I try to callout a HoleWizard hole i get an error message "Can't find C: \Program Files\Solidowrks 2005\lang\english\callformat.txt file. The callout will be defined by geometry."

Does anyone have any advice???

Reply to
Timbo

First question: Why is SW2007 looking for a file in the SW2005 directory? Maybe that's a clue to what's wrong. Check to see if the calloutformat.txt file is in the SW2007 directory and then set your reference file locations to look in the right place.

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

I completely agree - I'm suspicious its some residue from the previous

2005 and 2006 installations that were on my machine. When solidworks switched from creating a folder called Solidworks 2005 to just plain Solidworks, under the c:, i think some of the regirty files are still looking for 2005.

I do have a calloutformat.txt and a calloutformat_2.txt file in my current Solidworks\lang\english folder - how do I tell solidowrks to look there instead.

Also - somehow Toolbox wasn't installed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Reply to
Timbo

In the main menu, go to Tools>Options...>System Options>File Locations and click on the pulldown arrow. Select Hole Callout Format File. The large box will probably be blank. Select Add... and browse to the location of your holecalloutformat.txt file. Click OK twice and you should be done.

Have you selected Tool Box and Tool Box Browser under Tools>Add-ins?

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

Thanks - I no longer get the error message when I try to place a hole callout, however, when I place the callout it only specifies the hole diamater and depth, two such for tapped holes that have the thread removed. It does not call out the thread type - am I using the Hole Wizard incorrectly.

Toolbox is working well now- thank you very much.

Reply to
Timbo

You can edit the hole callout format file since it is a text file. Make a copy of it first and rename the original to something you can remember. I find that sometimes the hole callout doesn't give me the proper number of holes. Also, if you make your hole depth "up to next", that callout will say "thru" rather than "thru all". This makes sense for a part since there is no "all". It's only one piece.

You will find that there are what seem like duplicates in the callout file, but each is for a different variation of the hole.

Good luck in sorting things out. I don't have any better suggestions.

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

That fixed the error message, but the Hole Callout doesn't add the type of thread I've specified with the Hole Wizard - the only text that pops up is the diameter and depth.

Toolbox is working - thanks.

Reply to
Timbo