FMS

Try looking in the registry for an FMS entry of any kind, if found remove it, be careful with the registry though, doing the wrong thing can crash you pc.

Search for a key called flying-model-simulator and delete it if found.

Reply to
cubanflyer

Also, at the homepage check for a FAQ or something....i seem to remember something about troubleshooting installs.

Search for a key called flying-model-simulator and delete it if found.

Reply to
MikeF

I downloaded the FMS simulator program but when I went to install it,I got the error message" there is a previous version of FMS installed on this computer,please uninstall it" Well I've never had FMS on this PC before and after doing various searches I find no trace of a previous program installation! Anyone know what may be the real cause of the error message? TIA

Reply to
_

Flight Sim or Combat flight sim might have been installed before this. I think it is a problem and causes problems. You might want to check the system files for these. "_" wrote in message news:luArb.522$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com... I downloaded the FMS simulator program but when I went to install it,I got the error message" there is a previous version of FMS installed on this computer,please uninstall it" Well I've never had FMS on this PC before and after doing various searches I find no trace of a previous program installation! Anyone know what may be the real cause of the error message? TIA

Reply to
Thesmo

Try running some sort of uninstaller program that checks for and deletes old orphan registry entries. You can usually download a demo version free somewhere. Then try installing FMS again.

Reply to
Frank

Hi,

Eventually download and execute the free "Easycleaner". First read remarks when using XP to avoid deleting help-files during registry cleaning. Look with

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier tx2tx

Norton System works is an excellent to fix all that registry invalid entries or error stuff.

Reply to
Heli Gal

Thanks to all for the helpful ideas about installing FMS. A normal Windows search turned up no trace of a previous FMS program.I did a Google search for "Easy Clean" a search & file cleaner.Well it found a hidden trace of FMS in the registry area and successfully deleted it.I was then able to instal FMS. Once again,thanks much for the assistance!

Reply to
_