Install of SP's

I down loaded and installed SW 2005 SP 0.0 and left all the files on my
harddrive (this was not a disk installation) , next I tried to install the
SP 0.1 and it gives me the message." the installer cannot install the
upgrade patch because the program being upgraded may be missing or the
upgrade patech updates a different version of the program.Verify that the
program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct
upgrade patch. (1642-0)" then I tried to apply the SP0.0 to SP 1.0 and the
same error comes up, and yes I have tried the SP0.1 to SP 1.0 as well and
have the same result.... GRRRRRRR! Am I going to be forced to uninstall and
reinstall via the disks? How do I apply the patches? I want to take it to
SP1.0
I just hated the disk shuffle for each update on the last version (2004) and
was hoping I could do it all locally and not play insert disk one... insert
disk 3... insert disk 1.... insert disk.....bla bla bla
Any suggestions?
Reply to
Ben Eadie
Ben,
You can't upgrade the downloaded install, say's so right on the web site.
There is an upgrade method, that involves loading all of the CD's on your hard drive, that eliminates the disk dance. I haven't used it, but someone that has may chime in.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
Mark Mossberg
Bummer Dude!
Thanks for the info Mark
Ben
Reply to
Ben Eadie
You _can_ update the downloaded version. First, you have to do an update from the version on the disks. That's right, update dowloaded SP0.0 to CD SP0.0. After that, you can install later service packs. I just went through this last night.
As for copying the files to the HD first, I don't know why that wouldn't work. I haven't tried it myself in a long time. I'm thinking you would replace the files you saved from the download with the files from the CDs.
Reply to
Dale Dunn