2005 SP5 upgrade on Win Xp Sp2

I am newbie user of SW 2005.

After installation (from the HD) everything is fine and working. After check for updates, I had access to download area with subscription numbers.

I have downloaded the 1 service pack for from SP0 to SP5. When I try to apply service pack from my HD I have an error of WI as below

Error 1642 "The installer cannot install the upgrade patch because the program being upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch updates a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch. ".

I am sure that I have SW 2005 SP0

Can somebody had experienced same pb and tell me what am I doing wrong ? I checked some newsgroup and aspecially FAQ's from SW but I could still not apply the SP0-5

Thanks in advance

Nathalie

Reply to
mks

You say you installed "from the HD". Typically you need to install from CD or an administrator image to be able to apply SP. Where did the "from the HD" version of SW come from?

Reply to
MJS

MJS,

It is fairly common to put all 3 CD's on the HDD in a folder called something like "SW2006_Install". and then install SW from there, that way you will not be asked to "Insert CD" in the future. I have been doing this since 2003 and it works perfectly.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Just as a precaution under Help>About SolidWorks does it actually say SP

0.0?

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Thanks,

My source is a copy of administrative image from my school that I have copied on my hd. showversion.bat gives a version which starts 13.1 which that is all for info.

Very soon I'll be back and solve the pb & keep you informed

Thanks anyway

Nathie

"MJS" a écrit dans le message de news:

6DzZe.38818$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com...
Reply to
mks

Cliff, wish I would've seen your note about "legal supplier" before I responded, I might have given pause to see her response first.

Reply to
MJS