SP for 2005

My VAR told me this week there is a service pack being tested at this time. She offered a "beta" of the SP to see if it helped with our weld symbol issue. But I was warned it would take a reload if it did not work. Im getting a bit tired trying reloads since everyone at our facility is having the same problems as me with the weld symbols. I have the same thing on my home computer :)Has anybody heard anything about this being released soon...Thanks...Jake Barron

Reply to
Jake

my guess is we'll see 05sp0.1 about Nov 4 and 04 sp5 about 24 Nov.

04 sp5 is really way overdue thanks to dreadful sp4, 4.1,4.2 saga. if sp5 is followed with a clean up 5.1 in Jan then its only overlapping the latest release by about 5 months...just in time to be heading into 06 beta no doubt... 04 has been a release notable for significant sp c*ck-up late into its life. but then we are all used to that from SW and expect no better....(grumble grumble)
Reply to
neil

According to SW, if EV (early visibility) SP0.1 is loaded on a machine and changes are made to the released version of SP0.1 there will be no need for a complete uninstall and reload of the software. The EV SP0.1 can be upgraded to the released SP0.1. You can join the EV program at the SW site and download your own copy of the SP.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

SP0.1 EV was released on the 20th, and SolidWorks states that EV typically lasts a week... so maybe the 27th?

BTW, does anyone have info on why SW is going with a new SP numbering scheme? I can't find it on the website.

When I go to the "Service Pack Fixed SPR's" area, I see SolidWorks 2005 SP1.

Do I need to install SP1 after SP0.1? Even if there were no changes?

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Mike I believe this is happening. If you look at the EV SP0.1 fixed SPR list and the SP1 Fixed SPR list they are different. The EV list has some of the SPR's from the SP1 list and some new ones. The EV SP0.1 also provides support for XP SP2. I think SW felt is was better to release an in-between SP (hence the .1 designation) and provide some help to some people with the fixed SPR issues rather than have everyone wait until the full SP1 was released. This is all speculation however.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Thanks Rob!

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Mike, I was at my VAR last week, and they stated that the SP0.1 was to fix a few small problems. They stated that SW has already reported that SP1.0 would fix the XP SP2 problem (although I have not seen this documented), and they are still having a few problems with all of the patches, etc., thus the release of SP0.1.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Reply to
Steve D