Weld symbols causing crashes?

I'm getting random (because I cannot reproduct it consistently) crashes when adding weld symbols to a drawing. I think it's a known issue, but has anyone determined the sequence of events to cause it (or better yet, prevent it).

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

I posted a few days ago the same question. Solidworks says there is a "new" way to do the weld symbols. You dont need to hightlight the line first. You just create the weld symbol by insert, annotation, weld symbol. Then set your parameters. Then drag the point and tail where you want it. This is really a PITA. Dont know why they think this process is better. I personally think its an excuse for a buggy program. It worked fine before in 2004 and

2003. No problems. This 2005 is less than desirable at this time for me.....Jake Barron
Reply to
Jake

I knoew I remebered someone had this problem, I was just too lazy to dig very deep. I've sent it off to the VAR who can reproduce it sporadically as well. I know there is a "new" way of doing the weld symbols, but like other things that change between releases it will take some getting used to. Still, there certainly is a problem here, and I expect to get an SPR# soon. I'm sure it will be fixed as a priority because it's causing a crash.

Sorry that you're having trouble with 2005. I think it' a very good release, and other than this little glitch, I haven't had many problems with it. Hang in there.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle