do *NOT* install sp4.0 or sp4.1 (if you haven't yet)

hi all.

remember my post about relations being broken by saving in swx2004sp4? after couple of weeks talking about and working on it, i've been told by my var that it is due to a bug in sp4, that still remain in sp4.1, because the latest sp it was released just before they contacted people at swx r&d.

then, we can now be *sure* the problem was due to that, then i strongly suggest you not to install sp4 because you may encounter the same problem we had.

people at swx told us that it's quite strange nobody reported this problem earlier than we did, but that they were easily able to reproduce same situation and problem, then it *has* to be related to sp4.

i'll summarize quickly for all of you that didn't read my previous post: when in 2004sp4 you save an assembly, part/all of relations between parts get corrupted because the system "looses" faces/edges on which relations rely.

people at swx said that they started working immediately on this problem to fix it and they'll release a new service pack/patch to fix it.

hope this helps.

just my 2eurocent.

regards,

Reply to
Gianni Rondinini

i've been using 4.0 since it came out, and do not have mate issues

Reply to
kenneth b

Sorry to see your having problems with SP4.0 and 4.1.

I personally have not seen this issue. I hope they get a fix for you soon

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Haven't seen the problem...BUT THEN AGAIN I JUST INSTALLED IT YESTERDAY!!!!!

~>:-(

Reply to
CFisher