If you're not paranoid yet...

Check this out:

For those who insist on a preview:

San Francisco - The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) today criticized the sentencing on August 4 of political activist Sherman Austin to one year in jail for hosting a website describing bomb-making and for linking from his RaiseTheFist.com website to that website.

U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson sentenced Austin to triple the sentence term the prosecutor had recommended under a binding plea bargain agreement, along with three years of probation. He faces strict restrictions and monitoring of his use of computers, a $2,000 fine for restitution, and a prohibition from associating with any person or group that "espouses violence or physical force as means of intimidation, or achieving economic, social, or political change."

Although information on how to make bombs is commonly available in libraries, universities, and on the Internet, the U.S. Justice Department charged Austin under a law sponsored by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and passed by Congress that prohibits "distribution of information relating to explosives, destructive devices, and weapons of mass destruction with the intent that such information be used in furtherance of a federal crime of violence." A charge related to possession of the components of a Molotov cocktail was dropped as part of the plea bargain agreement.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Grrrrrrrr the first thing I will add to my anti current government site when I make it is HOW TO MAKE BOMBS.

Just to piss them the F$%K off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

whoa I'm paranoid........

is this law SEA ? or Patriots Act ?

shockie B)

under a law sponsored by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

"Chris Taylor Jr" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newshost02.voicenet.com:

And also get you a jail term...

You have been warned.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Now THAT'S a good idea.

Just what the rocketry hobbyist should be doing to show those lousy Feds that we're not all a bunch of........oh wait............never mind...........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Reply to
Steve Decker

"distribution of information

Be sure to STATE that they are not to be used for crimes of violence but for entertainment and education about explosives and fireworks.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Leonard Fehskens wrote in news:Xns93D69C22F35EDlenfehskenshpcom@16.105.248.153:

Possession of molotov cocktail components...

- a glass bottle

- a rag

- gasoline

Sounds like every adult in the country will soon be a convicted felon.

Reply to
David W.

Exactly.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
James L. Marino

espeically southern white males..... shockie B(

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

}ccough{ }ccough{

Now wait a minute there Shockie, I gots me some rags, an I gots me some gas, er gasoline that is, in the trucks, and I gots me some glass bottles but ain't none empty. Look see here, I gots one full a acetone, one full a turpentine, one full a isopropanol, an one full a moonshine... See, I is clean!!! No bottles fulla that thar nasty gas, er gasoline stuff. An none empty to tempt me ;*) You feel any safer now?

Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

I do not care. I fight and resist anyone till I am unconscious or dead.

I can only tolerate so much of this tramplig of our constitution.

IT IS the first thing I will put on my website.

I will deal with the consequences if and when they occur.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news:nlIM1ZN$ snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:

As far as I know, US law covers US citizens even when they're not in the US, and the location of the computer that serves the website, as far as US law enforcement is concerned, is irrelevant. Don't take that to mean that I agree with it. My guess is that the case will eventually lose on constitutional grounds, after spending the poor guy's life savings, etc.

Reply to
David W.

So you have the sites hosted by Aussies. Or Canadians. Or Chinese. Or other non US citizens.

Bob Kaplow

They did? I would like to know in DETAIL how they did that.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You'd have to ask him. The old link to the page was

but all that is there now is the message "The people in charge have requested this web site be removed. 2/6/2003

--ghg"

Do an internet search for "George Goble barbecue". A related link is at

the Dave Barry article about it is at
even won an IgNobel award for this!

Bob Kaplow

Len, You must be mistaken about Feinstein's involvement in this law. After all, she is a Liberal and, according to the Liberals on RMR, it is the Liberals that are protecting our liberties while the bad Republicans are trying to take them away. >;-)

Mark Simpson

[snip]

Thanks for all that.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The only difference between liberals and conservatives is which rights they wish to take away first. Given enough time, the agendas would eventually converge.

I thought you were a conservative?

I just had a conservative explain to me that our military is nothing but traitors. They've refused to find the Iraqi WMD and they keep dying. Both of these things are highly embarrassing to our President, which the military should have avoided.

There's just as many loons on the right as on the left.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

snipped-for-privacy@home.com (Mark Simpson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

[mandatory liberal-baiting deleted] I didn't write the article...

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens