If you're not paranoid yet...

George Gobel, IIIRC. They(tm) actually made him take his website down? Was it the mindless drone gummint thugs, or the lawyers at the university where the site was hosted?

Reply to
Marcus Leech

IIRC he'd soak/spray the lox on the charcoal and then ignite it with a looooooong stick. Instant red coals primed for grillin'. I'd never be brave enough to try it myself. Hell, my right eyebrow is just now starting to grow back after my last attempt at 'augmented charcoal ignition'.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
moonglow

Actually, it's spelled Goble, but you got the particulars right. It was the lawyers at the university. University administrations generally are noted for being careful, often to a fault - and it's not for nothing we called my alma mater, where all this happened, Prude U.

Reply to
Mark Johnson

This could refer to the department at Purdue at least as easily as anybody in government.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

VERY true statement.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

A few links that still work:

Brad Hitch

Reply to
Brad Hitch

that works when the enemy is from without. but when it is from within. what do you do ?

the other poor bastard is now your own countryman.

people NEED to stand out and speak out against this stuff.

My site will be within the limits of Free Speech. I WILL push every boundary they would prefer me not to.

do you know WHY the right to bear arms was put into the constitution. hint it was NOT to protect us from enemies from afar.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

they made him take down his website !!

you can bet that is one more thing that will be posted to my website. I LOVED watching that guys videos.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Nail on head

Nuff said

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

lawyers polititians. I was not aware there was a difference. Imagine that :-)

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I emailed him a while back when I discovered the site was down. I asked him why he just didn't put it up elsewhere. He was told by JBGTs not to do so and not to make the info or videos available. So much for the first ammendment. I wonder if they've also wiped out Dave Barry's column on this "experiment".

Bob Kaplow

NOT the university lawyers. He was not only told to take it down, but to not put it up ANYWHERE else. JBGTs...

Bob Kaplow

The scary thing about this is, how do they determine "intent"? Anyone posting, publishing or otherwise distributing info relating to explosives, destructive devices, etc could be busted for this.

The other scary thing is that it can apply to many harmless things as well, such as rocket propellent. After all, there are plenty of morons in the government who can't tell the difference between APCP and explosives.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Maybe they'll go after anyone doing the "flaming Poptarts" trick next.

Reply to
RayDunakin

How do you feel about jet-powered beer cooloers?

Anonymous

Flaming Poptarts? Do tell more!

steve

Reply to
default

Is that cool or what? I had one cato in the microwave yesterday. Talk about a "mess report!"

Randy

Reply to
Randy

You bet your sweet PPG, spoo-breath!

Ad Astra! Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m20.aol.com:

Finally, someone draws the inference that prompted me to post about this in the first place.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Isn't that simply nuking a poptart still in it's foil wrapper? I haven't done that, but I have nuked a CD, a lightbulb, and the infamous split grape... complete with ball lightning!

_Do Not_ do this with wife's good microwave... trust me..

Buy a junker at a garage sale, and set it up in the driveway. The cavitron tends tol toast pretty quickly...

Tod "Hmm.. What about this raw egg?" Hilty

Reply to
hiltyt