Global Warming - Lie No More - American Physical Society

: 8bit

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:28:18 -0700, "Ray Keller"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
On 21 Mar 2014, you wrote in talk.politics.guns:

Losing your mind?
Now, ya fucktard, explain why if you leave ice cubes in a glass of water and they melt the glass doesn't overflow, but somehow if all the sea ice melts it will inundate land.
On 3/21/2014 7:38 PM, Colonel Dudu's stalker wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA is as technical as dudu gets ;)
On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 19:45:25 -0400, Frank

Don't you get it? They're using Beitbart as a reference for global warming. Now that's funny.
On 3/21/2014 7:49 PM, deep wrote:

Don't you use the U.N. which is a pile of steaming bureaucratic bullshit.
On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 19:51:09 -0400, BeamMeUpScotty

No. I reference NASA and NOAA.
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/
"deep" wrote in message wrote:

# No. I reference NASA and NOAA.
# http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/
So assuming that data demonstrates a short term warming trend.... 1. It that abnormal? 2. What did humans do to make that happen? 3. How can humans do anything about it?

so because you don't understand the science, we should all dismiss it and do nothing?
On 3/21/2014 9:00 PM, deep wrote:

So because you don't understand the science, we should all accept it and do nothing effective?
David

You should act locally and reduce your own waste of energy first. http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/average-household-electricity-consumption
Tell us how you consume less than the world average before demanding changes from others.

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 07:34:22 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

That's right. The solution is cutting down on carbon usage, and we desperately need to do that anyway. I don't know why the conservatives are so desperate to deny everything about this

"deep" wrote in message

There is a difference between doing so because you chose to do so and because you mandate the people will do so. Your mandates ignore that some carbon usage is necessary, required and may need to increase. You think you can pick and chose what carbon emissions will be. Finally your reasons for your mandates have nothing to do with science but some vague desire of yours to mold the world into what you want it to be.
So, Dudu, please list and document everything you've done to reduce your carbon usage.
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:51:22 -0400, "Scout"

I built a direct gain passive solar greenhouse on the south wall of the house with about 4 tons of thermal mass and a woodstove which provide the vast majority of my heating. We have backup propane heaters but they are stand alone units and we only heat the room we are in. We don't heat the house at all at night or when we are gone. It might be 55 degrees in the morning but it's no big deal. I either start the woodstove or turn on the propane in the mornings we are going to be home. I have a 500 gallon propane tank and only used 10% since November. That's about 50 gallons. So maybe about $150 in heating gas all winter long and it went sub-zero twice here this winter. Mostly we don't run the house any over 65 degrees and we just wear heavy shirts. You get used to it. You aren't going to get a house much more efficient than that.
You?
"deep" wrote in message

Might be impressive....if you weren't such a liar.

100% wood heat for the last 35 years.
No live trees ever cut down for the purpose of firewood.
I use dead trees, trees that were removed for other reasons, waste wood, old wood siding, fence posts, etc.
Other than a minor electrical usage for control and circulation my heat is carbon neutral. Of course the electrical is supplied by reclaimed solar panels and an old forklift battery that was toast but I wired around the bad cells to make a suitable storage battery. I figure it's good for another 5 years, then I will find a company that has another bad battery and swap them for it since all they care about is having a core to send in.
In short, I'm effectively carbon neutral for all my heating.....and I can set the thermostat where ever I fucking like it. But, of course, liberal idiots will eventually demand I freeze my ass off because somehow being warm is evil.
Oh, and did I mention the house is 5.5" SIP construction with 7.5" on the north side, and that I lose only about 25% of the heat of a typical home it's size?
Yea, I'm just waiting for the global warming idiots to mandate I have to turn down my thermostat for their bullshit excuses to 'save the planet'.
On 3/22/2014 12:48 PM, Scout wrote:

You're getting something that others don't get so the Liberal-Democrats will pass regulations to stop/tax you....
You'll be taxed for being efficient like corporations that are efficient and therefore make a profit are punished for being more efficient.
Why be efficient when it takes more investment and dedication and thinking? You can sit on the couch and watch Oprah and the government will steal from people like you and give to us without us doing all that work and putting out the effort.
You're just beating your head against a Liberal government wall.
On 3/22/2014 3:27 PM, BeamMeUpScotty wrote:

Some thing I read, years ago. "When otherwise intelligent people don't respond to logic or facts, there is a hidden agenda involved."
The libs say they want to restrict guns to reduce crime. If NYC and Chicago and Wash DC are any example, they should ISSUE guns, not ban them. That is, if they are sincere about reducing crime. But no, there is a hidden agenda.
Same process is underway with wood stoves. I have a guess or two what is the hidden agenda. I suspect my Bemused colleague B.M.U.S. has an idea of what I mean.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

wood,

Like having all aspects of your life controlled and regulated by the gummint? So that if you are not properly subservient that it can cut back your heat and let you freeze?
Yeah, people who can do for themselves really muck up those central planning scenarios.
--
When the government is no longer constrained by the laws of the land, then
neither are the people.

Yea, and it also saves me a boat load of money.
On 3/23/2014 2:58 PM, Scout wrote:

Didn't get the memo? You're not allowed to decide how to spend your own money.
--
.
Christopher A. Young