No more dongles?

I heard a rumour that SWX are going to do away with dongles. Can anyone shed any further light on this?

Regards, John H

Reply to
John H

I heart the same and I'm positive it's true. It's only 5 months ago since I upgraded my dongle to USB, which cost me =80 275,- and for what??? F%$#%ers.

JJ

Reply to
JJ

"John H" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

I heard it straight from the CEOs mouth last week. No dongles in 2007.

MHill

Reply to
MHill

This is beginning with 2007

How would this work with PC's without an internet connection?

Reply to
pete

In New Zealand we had dongles up untill SolidWorks 2006. Does this not apply in the UK?

John Layne

John Layne

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

That part of the license is still being supported. I'm not sure, but I think you just activate it on a second machine.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Dale's right. You get to activate a work system and a home system

Just friggen great. Activation. Arrgh. I HATE activation. You are automatically assumed to be a pirate until proven not.

Chris

Reply to
cdubea

I'm not a big fan myself. I just had this thought though. Could this be compared to buying a movie ticket and having to present it at the door, or an opera ticket, or any other kind of ticket, or even membership cards? The basic purpose is to make sure that only those who have paid can get access. The problem is older than software, I think.

Reply to
Dale Dunn