Dr Gray's Saltier Water = Global Warming Theory

Gotta admit, this one slipped right past me.
What's the mechanism?
Even more, how did the #$%#@! oceans get saltier without me knowing?
Bret Cahill
Reply to
Bret Cahill
In the same way that most things change without you knowing.
Reply to
Tim
No answer?
You mean to tell me no one here is educated enough to know how saltier water causes global warming?
Bret Cahill
Reply to
Bret Cahill
No, I told you to check your ego, but like Nietzsche it went straight over your head.
Reply to
Tim
Which article are you referring to? In Outburst cases, fresh cold water (melting polar caps) stays in a layer above salt water. Even when the fresh water warms it tends to remain on top but eventually is susceptible to mixing.
Reply to
pico
It would cause global warming by not absorbing as much CO2, but then people will tell you that CO2 doesn't cause global warming, since Al Gore says that it does, and Al Gore is always wrong.
-tg
Reply to
tg
Liberal plot?
Scott
Reply to
Miller
Sounds like it would take more than a few tons of salt.
Where is it all coming from and why did it suddenly start now?
Gore has said at least 3 things that are both important and correct:
1. the environment is the economy
2. the corp. media gave Dumbya a free pass in 2000 while hyping anti- Gore issues
2. we don't know anything now that we didn't know in 2003 about attacking Iraq.
These three truths, however, do not make up for Gore hating Clinton, ideas and the public.
Bret Cahill
Reply to
Bret Cahill
Ok ok. You win. I'll change my sig.
Bret Cahill
"Only nobodies are ever modest."
-- Goethe
Reply to
Bret Cahill
"Tim" wrote
Really? That's astonishing, because no where have I read that the oceans are becoming saltier. In fact I have read the exact opposite.
So where is this revolution in ocean saltiness reported Tim? Other than up your ass of course.....
Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan
Hey fuckface, I was telling Cahill that there's a lot he don't know. At least try and follow, O.K. stupid?
Reply to
Tim
I does know a lot and their ain't know way of stoppin' me.
Bret Cahill
Reply to
Bret Cahill
"Tim" wrote
No where have I read that the oceans are becoming saltier. In fact I have read the exact opposite.
So where is this revolution in ocean saltiness reported Tim? Other than up your ass of course.....
Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan
Try here, instead of your anal delusions:
When did I say there was a revolution? Perhaps you should take your head out of your ass, and at least try to follow.
Reply to
Tim
"HangEveryRepubliKKKan" wrote in message
"Tim" wrote
Science A-GoGo... Snicker....
Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan
All it would take to _double_ the salinity of the sea is several million cubic miles of salt.
This could easily happen if we dumped all of Al Gore's french fries into the river.
Bret Cahill
Reply to
Bret Cahill
"Bret Cahill" wrote
Freedom Fries.. Bret..... Freedom Fries...
Ahahahahahahah... Pathetic AmeriKKKan Losers.
Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan
So Woods Hole didn't conduct the research? Nice try dodger, but it's obvious that there's a lot of stuff you haven't read.
Reply to
Tim
Most are bright enought to figger out melting ice caps dilutes the water.
How is the extra salt warming the planet?
Bret Cahill
Reply to
Bret Cahill
The salt in the ocean is almost 2 orders of magnitude greater than all the polar ice and the water in the ocean is 30 times greater than all the salt.
It would take a 1 ft rise in sea level to reduce salinity by 0.01%
Is there anything in ionic equilibria where a 0.01% change in one component can have such a dramatic effect on another component?
Bret Cahill
Reply to
Bret Cahill