world's best way to clean sand with least amount of water

I do alot of concrete and cement work and found the best way to clean sand is a huge steel drum that holds about 500 liters of sand and which has openings on bottom which have gravel near the openings so the sand does not gush out. I place a hose and constantly puddle the water at the top and dig down into the sand to try to stir it. When the hose water finally becomes relatively clear and no longer muddy I am finished. The whole process usually takes me about 1.5 hours for 500 liters.

Now I am wondering if there is a better means so I do not use so much water.

I recently bought some collanders and screens and am wondering if there is some way of cleaning sand that is in small quantities such that I can get say 50 liters of clean sand in relatively short time without using so much water.

So has anyone else found a pretty solution of getting clean sand?

Archimedes Plutonium

whole entire Universe is just one big atom where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Reply to
Archimedes Plutonium