a stainless silver vice a stainless steel; some progress towards

It was months ago when I started threads in sci.chem about silver and silverware and the making of a Stainless Silver. For stainless steel we
add chrome as a alloy to steel.
So I wondered how much gold added to silver, in what percent of content of gold to silver do I achieve a end product that never tarnishes or at least meets the test of tarnish free of stainless steel.
Sterling silver is about 92% solid silver with 8% something else.
So I entertained the question what if the article is 92% silver and the remaining 8% gold, would it have the capability of stainless that matches stainless steel. And if not at what percentage of silver to gold does the article achieve the nonstaining that stainless steel possess.
Now white gold is an alloy of gold and silver and is stainless in properties. So what is the smallest percentage of gold in an article that contains mostly silver and retains stainless property.
I also am wondering whether if I take 92% silver and add chrome of 8% whether that would be stainless silver. Or how about 80% silver and 20% chrome?
I suspect the field of study by chemists and chemistry never really went looking for a modern day Stainless Silver. Perhaps commerce bypassed a Stainless Silver.
What I would like to see is a Stainless Silver so that a kitchen can have stainless silver and like a stainless steel, never really ever have to polish it. Just use it and admire its beauty.
Archimedes Plutonium www.iw.net/~a_plutonium whole entire Universe is just one big atom where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In Soviet Russia, stainless silver polishes you!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Now I understand that a alloy of germanium and silver is a cyrstalline silver which has the property of stainless. Chromium seems to be the alloy of maximum stainless for steel. So what is the alloy to silver for maximum stainless? Is it gold or is it germanium? Or is it some other element.
Archimedes Plutonium www.iw.net/~a_plutonium whole entire Universe is just one big atom where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.