tell if it has silver by amount of tarnish

One test for silver is whether it has black spots on it. Almost a guaranteed sure sign that it is silver. But I am confused as to why
sterling does not tarnish as fast as coin silver or silver of less than 92% pure. Reason would say that the higher the silver content the faster it will tarnish to black. Unless my observation is incorrect for I seem to notice that sterling tarnishes more slowly than does less pure silver.
Archimedes Plutonium www.iw.net/~a_plutonium whole entire Universe is just one big atom where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies
Subject: tell if it has silver by amount of tarnish Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 02:46:44 -0600 From: