tell if it has silver by amount of tarnish

One test for silver is whether it has black spots on it. Almost a guaranteed sure sign that it is silver. But I am confused as to why sterling does not tarnish as fast as coin silver or silver of less than

92% pure. Reason would say that the higher the silver content the faster it will tarnish to black. Unless my observation is incorrect for I seem to notice that sterling tarnishes more slowly than does less pure silver.

Archimedes Plutonium

whole entire Universe is just one big atom where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Reply to
Archimedes Plutonium

Subject: tell if it has silver by amount of tarnish Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 02:46:44 -0600 From: Archimedes Plutonium Reply-To: NOiwEMAIL Organization:

Newsgroups: sci.materials, sci.chem