Open Source Project for Global Warming

China has planned for construction of over 500 coal fired plants in the coming years.

Other developing countries such as India have large plans for coal fired power generation as well.

Almost none of these plants will incorporate clean coal technology.

Part of the reason is cost and that domestic manufacturers of coal powered generating technology do not have the technology to develop clean coal plants.

An open source group of contributing engineers and others could develop the technology so that it can be made available to the developing world (and in developed countries too for that matter) free of charge and there will thus be a much greater use of clean coal technology.

Clean coal technology can significantly reduce the amount of greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants such as acid rain causing SO2 and brain damaging mercury.

While in a perfect world all countries would adopt zero emission energy sources such as solar and wind the reality is for many of them coal is going to be the way they go and if no cheaper means of getting clean coal technology is available they will simply continue to use existing technology to generate coal power and in the process make it impossible that the planet as a whole can reduce or even stabilize its greenhouse gas emissions.

I would thus like to canvas the group to see who would be interested in forming the open source project I mention above.

If there is sufficient interest I would be willing to inject the group with some funds in order to get started.

Please email cleancoalproject AT gmail.com if you would be interested in contributing and what your area of expertise would be.

We will need not just engineers but also those from other areas such as technical writers, webmasters, project managers and others.

Reply to
cleancoalproject