Multi-User install with Toolbox

I'm sure I've done this before but I just can't seem to get it to work. I
just started working a t a place that has about 5 seats and is using
individual local installs of Toolbox. I want to migrate them to a
multi-user environment. Just to be sure, I even had my VAR send me
instructions. Basically it tells you to do the following:
1) Find a shared spot on the server and put the TB data there. Set read
only permissions on "browser" subfolder and contents.
2) Modify the TB .ini file on each work station to point to the shared
spot.
3) Rename the original TB data folder on each work station so that the
install can't find it. (It can be deleted after you are sure everything is
okay.)
Pretty straight foward stuff but, once I do it and I fire up SolidWorks, I
get the message "The data folder NONE/browser, which is required for
Toolbox browser, does not exist."
Once started, and an assembly is open, there is no tab in the feature
manager area for Toolbox. If I toggle it from the SW Office toolbar, I get
the same message as at startup.
It seems that, somehow, the new path in the .ini file is not working
correctly yet I've verified it several times. I've even used different
methods of listing the path; with a mapped drive (z:\toolbox data\) and
with a shared folder (\\servername\toolbox data\).
Any advice appreciated.
JJ
Reply to
JJ
Well, I figured it out. The answer seems to be that the .ini file is very picky about syntax.
By default it reads:
[Toolbox environment configuration file] Creation=8/23/2004 at 5:36:22 [configuration] ToolboxPartFolder=C:\program files\common files\solidworks data\
To make it easier to reverse changes, I commented the original destination before appending the new:
[Toolbox environment configuration file] Creation=8/23/2004 at 5:36:22 [configuration] [ToolboxPartFolder=C:\program files\common files\solidworks data\] ToolboxPartFolder=\\servername\sharename
It doesn't like this but it seems to be okay with:
[Toolbox environment configuration file] Creation=8/23/2004 at 5:36:22 [configuration] ToolboxPartFolder=\\servername\sharename
Or even:
[Toolbox environment configuration file] Creation=8/23/2004 at 5:36:22 [configuration] ToolboxPartFolder=\\servername\sharename [ToolboxPartFolder=C:\program files\common files\solidworks data\]
Strange, but I thought I'd passs it along.
JJ
Reply to
JJ