Toolbox is now broken...help...

After installing 2004 (from the CDs) my 2003 SP5.0 toolbox will not let me drag and drop ANY parts. It's telling me: "Cannot open [C:\bla bla bla.sldprt] Future Version OK....

No this is not "OK"

Anybody have a work around for this predicament?

Help.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Jacob Filek

Is that in 2003?

In that case you should have installed the 2004 toolbox beside the 2003 and in the 2003 sld program directory there is a toolbox ini file. There is written which toolbox is used. Change the patch to the browser. I thought you could upgrade your toolbox but part made in 2004 can not be opened in 2003. A big disadvantage and asking for troubles in a mixed enviroment.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

You need to upgrade the toolbox database. Is your toolbox a network installation or a local installation? Either way, just install SolidWorks 2004, make sure to select the Toolbox option in the Add-Ins section and near the end of the install, you should see several dialog boxes appear telling you that it is upgrading the SolidWorks database. If this does not happen you should contact your local Solidworks reseller.

Best Regards,

Michael LaFleche | Technical Account Manager SolidVision, Inc. | 25 Sutton Avenue | Oxford | MA | 01540 | USA Phone: +1-508-987-1393 | Fax: +1-508-987-1394 |

Mike

I changed my INI file to point to the 03 database and it works now.

Ahh peacefully working once again.....

Reply to
Jacob Filek