SW2007 SP4 file not found!!

Using the installation manager to install sp4. Asks for disk 4 and then errors 1311 Source not found: D:\swwi\data\TB3.cab.

Could this be because that file does not exist on the cd4 or any other cd?, lol

Sigh!

Reply to
pete

NEXT!

Stuck at installing sw explorer sp4 because another error has appeared.

Internal Error 2756, shortcutpath

Same error either using the installation manager or the setup file direct.

WTF have they done with sw???

Reply to
pete

Same thing here...

Idiots.

pete wrote:

Reply to
Twit

Same error here too.

Reply to
Bill

Found it!

Sw explorer has to installed on the same drive as PDMworks.

Could that not be mentioned on the install??

Also why did the installation manager not know where PDMworks was installed?

Hmmmm....

Reply to
pete

Just to clarify, I have PDMworks on a Windows 2003 server, installing sw explorer on the server worked with no errors.

Reply to
pete

I don't have PDMworks installed and still get the error.

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Twit

There is a work around. Go to add/remove programs, uninstall solidworks explorer 3.0, then run the sp4 installation program.

It works!

:-)

Reply to
pete

A note for people who have their toolbox on a server.

In the toolbox ini file, the last entry should show the server toolbox location. Example: \\2k3server\Solidworks Data

To get the install to work correctly you need to change this entry to point to local toolbox. Example:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Solidworks Data

After installing and BEFORE running solidworks, change the ini file entry back. The toolbox.ini file is found here: C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\Toolbox

Reply to
pete

Yup, I had the same problem/bug. Uninstalling SolidWorks Explorer from Add/Remove Programs worked for me.

I've seen several similar bugs from path errors. I guess SWX doesn't test their software on many different systems.

Reply to
Boyd

Reply to
mspeight