making two lines intersect.

If you have two lines that you want to intersect (extend to each other) how do you do it. When you use the extend tool on the sketch tool bar it won't make them intersect unless there is a line for it to extend to. I seen people in demos do it but I can't figure out how to do this.

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

John

You could also LMB the end point of one line then hold down the cntl key and LMB the other lines end point and then do a merge relation

Noel

Reply to
N. Jones

With the extend tool active: select the line you want to extend but don't release the mouse button. Drag to the line you want to extend to, and the first line will be extended to the projection of the second. Then just click on the second in the usual way to extend it to meet the first line.

This methodology can also be used to accomplish a trim using the extend tool and vice versa.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

Left Mouse Button

much different than the typical LMB that bob z. is known for...

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

as opposed to RMB......... :-)

Reply to