Importing Ordinate Dimensions into a Drawing 2004 SP3

I am having trouble getting ordinate dimensions from a layout sketch
in a part to import into a drawing. The dimension properties are set
to import into drawing and when using insert model items I tried both
use marked and use all. No sign of the ordinate dimensions althought
the regular dimensions came in just fine.
Am I missing something? I looked in Help and couldn't find anything.