2006 drawing with an excel worksheet in it

hi I have a 2006 drawing file with a excel worksheet in it. When saving as dwg or dxf the excel worksheet does not go with it. how can this be done?

Reply to
greif

Please rephrase the problem and question. Your problem isn't clearly stated, so how can what be done?

Matt sw.fcsuper.com

Reply to
fcsuper

I think what he wants is to be able to save the 2006 drawing file with both the drawing and the excel worksheet as a dwg or dxf file.

Bruce B

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

I don't think it can be. The SolidWorks drawing to dwg converter leaves a GREAT deal to be desired. Currently after I export files in a R2000 format, I have to hand edit each and every DWG as SolidWorks applies a variable text spacing to all the text which completely hoses up any alignment.

I really don't understand the issue. SolidWorks installs a copy of Intellicad when it installs. Has no one at Concord EVER opened a SolidWorks generated DEG file in Intellicad (aka dwgeditor)? =========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

What fonts are you using? If you use a font that has a fixed character width you should not have a problem. We use Lucida Sans Typewriter as our default SW font and SLDTEXTSTYLE1 on .DWGs. We convert every .slddrw file to .dwg when it is released to mfg and don't have any problems with our text.

Reply to
jdc

An excel spread sheet is an embedded object. Seems to me this is asking a bit much of the translator.

Reply to
TOP

SW2007 SP2.2

Maybe I don't understand something, or maybe it's fixed. I just tried a simple drawing with 2 views and an Excel spreadsheet on it, saved as DWG, opened with DWGEditor, and all is there.

WT

Reply to
WT

I'm using Times Roman.

Doing as you suggest and saving to R12 really doesn't make any difference. SWx puts everything into one style which uses the txt.shp font. Unfortunately I want everything in romans, but this is an easy mod via a script. . Additionally I still get the variable font width. This is not an easy mod as there is no console access for global text width changes. So the only way to fix this will be a VB or lisp application.

Saving to v2006 it creates 29 different text styles each with a different width. WHY? There is no fast way of combining this into one style.

Is anyone in CONCORD listening? I've been bellyaching about this for at least 5 years. Yes, 5 years.

Sent my VAR an e-mail about it to which I got no response. =========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea